Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital, Prasanthi Nilayam is the first hospital set up by Bhagawan Baba in 1956. In this 60th anniversary year of the hospital, Baba has blessed it with a new extension block, the inauguration function of which was held this morning. Prof. (Dr.) M.C.Misra, Director, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi presided over the function as the Chief Guest.
The new building was first sanctified with ceremonial yagnyam in the morning from 5am to 9am. Dr.Misra unveiled the plaque and formally inaugurated the building at 10.15am amidst serene atmosphere filled with bhajans and vedam chanting.
Dr.V.K.Varma, Medical Superintendent of the hospital spoke about the history of the hospital recounting the valuable contribution made by doctors and staff over last 6 decades. He also briefed about various initiatives and facilities of holistic care provided at the hospital. This was followed by a talk by Sri S.S.Naganand, Trustee, Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust who mentioned about the impact made by Sathya Sai Hospitals on the community and how people are voluntarily inspired to support the activities in various ways.
Dr.Misra, the Chief Guest, in his talk, appreciated the yeoman service done by Sathya Sai Hospitals under the umbrella of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust. Referring the Baba’s inspiring quotes on medical services, Dr.Misra mentioned that he would like to develop a relationship between AIIMS and Sathya Sai Hospitals to propagate ethical and value based medical care filled with compassion. This was followed by felicitation of 8 staff members who have been rendering service at the hospital for over 30 years on honorary basis.
Sri Ramesh Wadhawani, President, Prashanti Trust, USA gave the vote of thanks. The programme concluded with aarathi and prasadam distribution.
Subsequently, Dr.Misra visited the new building as well as the present building of the hospital.